The Sopra Steria Quality Assurance and Testing Practice is a leader in providing innovative and transformational solutions covering the full development and testing lifecycle, delivering client confidence and changing the way in which they manage risk and business change. With a dedicated team of UK testing professionals, supplemented by our near-shore and off-shore testing capability, we can quickly tailor solutions to meet each customer’s need, budget, timeframe and scale.
Our innovative and proven service portfolio supports all aspects of the testing lifecycle by improving application quality, reducing time-to-market and driving efficiencies whilst supporting client IT business goals and mitigating reputational risk. It is defined within three key focus areas: Consult, Transform and Deliver.
Organisations look to embed quality management and testing early in the IT development lifecycles to drive efficiencies, improve solution quality and reduce time to market. To help them achieve these goals, we use a smart and adaptable testing methodology that helps them ensure their testing strategy is business aligned and supports the delivery of quality IT application solutions. This reduces cost and risk, enabling organisations to respond rapidly to business opportunities and threats.
Our consulting services help organisations focus on preventing problems rather than detecting them by enabling quality to be built-in by adopting a true ‘shift-left’ approach achieved by:
- Test improvement reviews and optimisation that deliver real business value through quick health-check assessments or full TMMi assessments for programme, divisional or enterprise needs
- Providing real insight into the application & infrastructure portfolio, identifying priorities and risks, pinpointing testing activity and avoiding wasted effort - only testing what needs to be tested
- Consultancy, training and mentoring in latest testing methods and techniques across all levels of testing
- Reducing risk by implementing prioritised, appropriate, consistent, predictable and integrated testing processes
- Identifying clear steps required to modify your test processes to support and achieve your business goals
- Defining more efficient and effective test processes to achieve those goals
We help our customers transform their testing capability from current state to future state. We will work in partnership with you to implement the improvement roadmap and deliver the quality assurance and testing vision that is right for your organisation. This is achieved by leveraging expertise from across the Sopra Steria Group, covering industry and domain level and using appropriate process management tools such as Lean and Six Sigma and recognised industry frameworks such as ITIL and TMMi.
Our RightTestingTM methodology, which is certified to TMMi Level 3, delivers good practice, maximises asset reuse, develops automation and supports skills development to accelerate the entire test transformation process. RightTestingTM delivers meaningful quality improvements saving time, cost, risk of change and business disruption. The method can be integrated with all application lifecycle management platforms to provide a structure for transformation and on-going testing management, and it enables maintenance and continuous improvement of your testing and development approaches.
- Seamless transformation to your desired future state without any interruption to BAU
- Repeatable and rigorous testing methods, environments, toolsets and processes
- Knowledge repository to reduce future testing and development costs
- Comprehensive governance, management structure and system including establishment of Testing Centre of Excellence, test labs etc. if desired
- Effective and timely staff education, training scaled to meet learning objective and effective knowledge transfer and retention
- Proactive support, coaching and mentoring to ensure successful process implementation and improved capability
- Automating and orchestrating testing activity using the best tools and methods – in order to speed progress, protect investment, reduce costs and increase reuse of testing assets and skills
Working collaboratively with organisations, our mature and assured testing service, which is in line with the TMMi Reference Model, drives a typical 40% cost saving through industrialised processes, people and tooling. Sopra Steria can optimise the delivery model by blending a flexible local, near-shore and offshore test and business domain capability to ensure our delivery is in line with the changing demands of your business to meet its needs and goals.The Sopra Steria testing capability includes specialist skills such as:
- Test Management and Governance
- Continuous Improvement
- Usability and Accessibility
- User Experience
- Agile / Exploratory
- Test Infrastructure
- Test Data Management
- Test Environment Virtualisation
- Data Warehousing
- Continuous Improvement