Tough operational and business challenges are shaping the emergency services. In the face of reduced budgets, changing public and social needs, these organisations are seeking to transform ways of working and more effectively engage with the communities they serve.
What we do in emergency services
At Sopra Steria we’re providing specialist information and communications technology (ICT) solutions and business change services to 60% of police forces and also fire and rescue services across the UK, helping to strengthen performance and collaboration, improve community and citizen engagement whilst also delivering efficiency savings.
With a proven heritage of partnering with public safety organisations, Sopra Steria is committed to supporting the continuing transformation of the emergency services and providing effective solutions to today’s challenges. Our partnership approach enables us to deliver tailored solutions and shared services that maximise outcomes.
Here are a few examples of ways we can help:
- ICT service excellence and transformation – we can help reduce operational ICT costs and support continuous service improvement while freeing up resources to focus on front line service delivery
- Transforming call handling and citizen engagement
- Our renowned STORM command and control solution supports rapid deployment decisions and provides critical information to those attending an incident
- With SmartContactTM we deliver more accessible, consistent and joined up contact management across the force for emergency and non-emergency communications across multiple contact channels
- Optimising efficiency in back office operations – our business process management services have helped organisations reduce operating costs by more than 40%
- Enabling improvements in operational policing - effective information analysis, access and management:
- Providing officers with an integrated technology solution to support the end-to-end criminal justice process.
- Supporting intelligence gathering and case file management with an approach that brings together all the aspects of the digital evidence management chain of custody in a single offering. This includes our joined up information management platform, secure, robust and compliant infrastructure on which the evidence is stored including semantic search of the information, as well as digital information recording services, records management and digital evidence acquisition solutions
- Provision of technical expertise for Digital & Cyber Security investigations as a managed service offering
- Through our Police Resource and Demand Modelling tool forces can simulate potential changes to operational services to understand the impact of any proposed changes
Our pioneering new partnership models are setting the pace in business support services, as well as in criminal justice. We have a proven reputation for delivery excellence and building long-term trusted partnerships as seen by our client success stories:
- Cleveland Police: improving support for front-line officers while cutting the cost of ICT and police business services. Our 10-year strategic partnership delivers new ways of working, transformational ICT services and innovative approaches to customer service and front line policing yielding an estimated £7 million in savings per annum
- Greater Manchester Police: transforming the way that interviews are processed and making them accessible everywhere by officers, saving valuable time spent on management and administration, in addition to considerable cost and efficiency savings
- Kent Police and Kent Fire & Rescue Service: The STORM system implemented at Kent Police has been extended to Kent FRS resulting in a multi-agency command and control system which has strengthened the collaboration between the two organisations, delivering a more resilient and effective 999 service
- 55,000 police officers and staff at the Metropolitan Police Service are supported through our joint venture with the Cabinet Office. SSCL Police delivers HR, Finance & Accounting, Procurement and Payroll shared services
- South Yorkshire and Humberside Police: both forces' contact and dispatch centres will use SmartContact®, an integrated multi-channel customer contact and resource management solution - the first of its kind in the UK
- With STORM we are working with 60% of UK police forces, as well as delivering a national solution for the Swedish Police, clients in Abu Dhabi, Northern Emirates and the Spanish Balearics. STORM is also operating in Ireland the Eastern Region Command and Control - Dublin Fire and Ambulance