The use of spatial data has become more prevalent as advances in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) technology and increased availability of spatial data have made integrating this into existing core business applications an increasingly viable option.
Sopra Steria has been delivering a wide variety of GIS services to public and private sector organisations for over 15 years. We have undertaken GIS projects across central government, government agencies, local authorities, utilities and the scientific sectors. With a wealth of experience in both Commercial-off-the-Shelf and Open Source GIS solutions as well as a wide range of spatial analytic skills and services, we support our clients in achieving their business objectives.
Why Sopra Steria?
Our key strength lies in combining the skills of our GIS specialists with both our mainstream IT skills and services such as Testing, Application Development and Project Management, as well as with our other IT specialisations such as Business Intelligence and Security. By combining these skills, we ensure that every GIS project we carry out for our clients is aligned to their business needs and is delivered on time, to specification and within the agreed budget.
We help our clients use spatial data in order to:
- provide their customers with easier access to services and relevant information through spatially enabled customer-facing applications
- maximise the effectiveness of their mobile workers through remote access to spatially enabled core business applications
- deliver cost reductions through sharing of spatial data across organisations
- consolidate licencing and hardware to reduce cost
- facilitate forward planning, speed up decision-making and simplify relationship management through the sharing of spatial data with suppliers and contractors.