PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
WHAT’S IN THESE TERMS?
These terms tell you the rules for using our website www.soprasteria.co.uk (our site).
Click on the links below to go straight to more information on each area:
Who we are and how to contact us
By using our site you accept these terms
There are other terms that may apply to you
Our site is only for users in the uk
We may make changes to these terms
We may make changes to our site
We may suspend or withdraw our site
You must keep your account details safe
How you may use material on our site
Do not rely on information on this site
We are not responsible for websites we link to
User-generated content is not approved by us
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
How we may use your personal information
Uploading content to our site
Acceptable use policy
Breach of our acceptable use policy
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
Rules about linking to our site.
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
Our trade name
WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
This website is the property of Sopra Steria Group; all rights reserved.
Sopra Steria Group
Capital of 19 440 371 euros
RCS Annecy B 326 820 065 - APE 6311 Z
PAE - Les Glaisins - FR 74940 Annecy-le-Vieux
9 bis, rue de Presbourg - FR 75116 Paris
Communications Director: Catriona.MCCALLUM@soprasteria.com
This web site is hosted by:
Easynet France : Le Capitole - 55 Avenue des Champs Pierreux - 92 000 Nanterre
SOPRA STERIA UK GROUP
|Home page URL
||Co Registered number
Sopra Steria Limited
Three Cherry Trees Lane
Tel + 44 (0) 370 600 4466
Sopra Steria Recruitment Limited
It is emphasised that these Companies are independent corporations and legal entities. The use of the expression “Sopra Steria UK Group” should therefore not be considered as evidence of joint and several liability, whether between the companies in the UK Group, towards Site Users, or more generally towards third parties.
Our Data Protection Officer is Peter Cashmore. His address is c/o Sopra Steria Limited, Three Cherry Trees Lane, Hemel Hempstead, HP2 7AH. His email address is email@example.com
The Supervisory Authority for each of the Companies in the Sopra Steria UK group listed above is the UK Information Commissioner www.ico.org.uk and they can be contacted via their website https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference. A download is available here.
- Our Acceptable Use Policy set out below which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our site. When using our site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
Our site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated on 24 May 2018.
We may update and change our site from time to time to reflect changes to our services, our users’ needs and our business priorities, or to comply with legal requirements. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any major changes.
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Site Publisher and/or the Companies in the Group own or are licensees of all the intellectual property rights concerning the Site, the materials published on it, and the relevant rights of use. The elements accessible on the Site, such as, but not limited to, texts, photographs, pictures, icons, sounds, videos, software, databases, data are also protected by intellectual and industrial property rights, or other proprietary rights that are owned by the Site Publisher and/or the Companies in the Group or their licensors. All such rights are reserved.
Access to the Site does not convey any right over the intellectual property rights concerning the Site or elements on it.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts which are not substantial in amount or significance of any page(s) from our site for your personal non-commercial use, and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
Information on our Products and Services
The Products and Services that are presented to you are not an offer for sale but a general presentation of the range of Products and Services marketed by the Site Publisher and/or the Companies in the Sopra Steria UK Group.
The Site Publisher and/or the Companies in the Group may modify the information about the Products and Services contained in this Site at any time and without notice.
The information displayed on this Site may contain forecasts concerning the financial situation, the operations results, the activities and the strategy of the Site Publisher and/or the Companies in the Group. More specifically, declarations concerning in particular the targets, the growth estimates or other operations results trend are conjectural. These estimates are based on assumptions that may turn out to be inaccurate, and depend on risk factors such as, in particular, the economic and financial outlook. The Site Publisher and/or the Companies in the Group do not guarantee that such forecasts will be updated or remain accurate.
Patently unlawful information
The Site Publisher makes its best efforts to ensure that the contents of its Site(s) respects applicable laws and your rights. As such, and if any information might appear as “patently unlawful”, then (and providing you attach sufficient evidence of an interest in the matter) you may require the Site Publisher to delete, modify or correct the information concerned by contacting the following address: email@example.com
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources. The use of any personal information collected by such links or other techniques from our site is governed by the terms of the link owners and we are not responsible for it.
This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site, including to bulletin boards and chat rooms. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
If you wish to complain about information and materials uploaded by other users please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products or services to you, which will be set out in our Terms and Conditions of Supply or as otherwise agreed between us.
If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in the following Acceptable Use Policy.
This Acceptable Use Policy sets out the content standards that apply when you upload content to our site, make contact with other users on our site including by commenting on blog contents, link to our site, or interact with our site in any other way.
Rights you are giving us to use material you upload
Any content you post or upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of our site a limited licence to use, store and copy that content for use on the Site(s) and to distribute and make it available to third parties.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (Contribution), and to any interactive services associated with it.
The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
Sopra Steria will determine, in its discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from Sopra Steria, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes.
You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards below.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
- Chat rooms.
- Bulletin boards.
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not fool proof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
When we consider that a breach of this acceptable use policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
You warrant that;
- any contribution submitted by you complies with the required standards; and that.
- you have the unrestricted right to grant the limited licence set out below.
You will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of those warranties. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy above.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. Any download from the Site is at your own risk. You will be responsible for any potential damage suffered by your computer, or any loss of data subsequent to the download.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy
You are not permitted to use the name ‘Sopra Steria’ or any of our logos without our approval, unless as part of material you are using as permitted under “How you may use material on our site”.
Copyright Sopra Steria Limited
24 May 2018