Did you know...
- Sopra Steria has more than 20 years’ experience in delivering customer centric management (CCM) solutions
- We have a network of more than 600 consultants dedicated to CCM
- Our customer-centric mobile applications and multi-channel consultancy services are delivered to clients in a wide range of sectors, including retail, banking, telecoms
- and museums
- We partner with specialist technology and CCM product vendors, including Genesys, Oracle, SAP and Pegasystems
- Our customer-facing business process services include judgement-based customer response solutions with rapid, personalised, relevant and secure customer communications across mail, email, web and chat channels
- Our solutions support the execution of diverse customer strategies, whether they are to gain stronger customer insight, improve the customer experience or engender customer satisfaction and loyalty – or all three
- As a leading systems integrator we can integrate new customer experience technologies and tools with our clients’ existing technology infrastructures
"Sopra Steria has helped us transform our current telephony estate from a legacy platform to a market-leading capability. As a result we will have provided the basis for a much more agile and flexible solution going forward."
Stuart Roberts, Head of Shared Service Centre, The Co-operative Bank
Putting the customer at the heart of everything you do
Understanding your customers’ values and adopting the right culture, technology and skills are critical to success.
Customers have changed. No longer content with putting up with bad service or shoddy products, today’s consumers have higher expectations and more information at their fingertips than ever before. They’re transacting in new ways; via the internet or television, on their mobile devices, or in kiosks. However, they still want to use traditional stores and telephony options too.
Customers are also demanding to be served and contacted in social media environments. And if they have a poor experience of a particular brand or product, they don’t just switch to another provider, they use social media to make sure their friends, colleagues and family know all about it.
In this consumer-driven landscape, customer focus is a strategic imperative. Companies across the globe are striving to actively embrace customer centricity. They’re seeking to increase customer satisfaction and loyalty by focusing on understanding customers’ needs and preferences to reduce customer churn. At the same time they’re seeking to grow their businesses in a challenging environment.
What new customer-centric technologies can they adopt to help them capture and analyse customer behavioural data, customer knowledge and web reviews? Can they use social media to improve loyalty? Are their employees enthused about delivering great service? How can they integrate channels to achieve a consistent customer experience across all touch points?
Sopra Steria can help you find the right answers. We’re using our process expertise and technology excellence to help our clients understand the implications of being a customer-centric organisation on their customer offer and the underpinning technology. We can help you to:
- Understand your customers: providing a clear idea of who your customers are and what they want
- Improve the customer experience: planning and delivering the customer journey around their needs and identifying the services required to ensure they achieve their purpose, through and across the channels of their choice
- Ensure customer satisfaction: achieved through effective performance and satisfaction measurement, loyalty programmes and improved product and service recommendations.
Did you know…
Sopra Steria implemented a customised system to help French telecoms business Orange improve service levels and increase customer loyalty by proactively offering products and services specifically adapted to each customer profile.
Understand your customers
Are you really meeting your customers’ needs, or simply offering them the products and services you ‘think’ they need?
Your customers want top quality products and transparency in service performance. They complain much more than ever before and punish poor service. But how do you really know what they want? How do you move from being an organisation pushing the products or services you want to sell (an inside-out model), to one that is aligned with the goals of your customers (an outside-in model)?
What is their purpose?
In the past, customer relationship management (CRM) solutions were built on the inside-out model. They gave you information on what your customers bought from you, but not what their ultimate purpose was. For example, someone completing a mortgage will engage at a practical level in the transactional mortgage element, but they also have an emotional response because their purpose is to move into their new home.
By fully understanding the customer purpose, you can plan processes around their needs. You can work from a single view embracing every interaction each customer has with your business. While the technology you use to achieve this is similar to the earlier CRM solutions, it has moved on. It is also about how you use this technology and interpret data to support the customer-centric organisation, identify your most valuable customers and assess the potential for credit risk and fraud.
Strategies for success
Sopra Steria can work with you in this new customer-centric environment, helping you to define your target operating model and appropriate system requirements. Services designed to help you understand your customers better include:
- Customer/product business intelligence analytics: using our Data Discovery Dashboard, Business Intelligence Maturity Model (BiMM) and Business Intelligence Maturity Audit (BiMA) to provide you with insight and assurance that your customer data is of the best quality
- Data quality service: ensuring the information you rely on to transact with, market to and make decisions about your customers is accurate and timely
- Single view of customer: whether B2C or B2B, you need the best tools, processes and data working together to give your teams the sharpest possible focus on customer needs
- Software evaluation and selection: providing the best possible return from your investment in customer-centric strategies and toolsets
- Strategic alliances with SAP, Oracle and Genesys: ensuring you get the right solution for your specific customer-centric strategy.
You will benefit from accurate, reliable and timely customer information. The result? Improved customer service leading to increased customer satisfaction, retention and new business.
Did you know…
Sopra Steria built a new customer view repository for financial services group Société Générale containing data on 10 million retail banking customers as part of a programme to improve CRM processes.
Improve the customer experience
Are you equipped to transform your customer service from a necessary function for resolving problems to a value-generating service that is a strategic differentiator in the market?
Today’s customers are looking for consistent interactions as well as greater customisation and preference recognition. They also expect 24/7 cross-channel capability. In short, they want a great customer experience. However, in a multi-channel business, this isn’t always easy to achieve.
Complicated organisational structures and even cultural differences between operating channels can stand in the way of a seamless customer experience at every touch point. Organisations looking to deliver customer journeys aligned with the customer purpose have to revisit their processes. They must break down operational silos, heighten employee engagement and ensure transparent customer interactions.
Tools and technology making it possible for customers to swap channels mid-journey are vital. Many customers also now prefer a self-service channel as long as it is built with their usage in mind, rather than simply being a cost cutting exercise on the supplier’s part.
Next generation customer experience
Sopra Steria can help you gain a clear picture of your customer experience and identify opportunities for improvement. Our customer experience solutions include:
- Customer-centric operating model and process design: building your business and technical operating model around the needs of your customers
- Cross channel access mechanisms: designed to allow customers to experience your products and services both in and across the channels of their choice, with no barriers to completion. We specialise in the back office channel integration and joined up data sources
- Channel goal and process design: ensuring each channel is appropriate to the services offered and aligning the outcome goals of the customer with those of the organisation
- Contact centre solutions: offering new or replacement contact centre management solution advice, development or implementation and guidance on tools and equipment, such as telephony, web and mobile integration
- Implementation of self service solutions: aligning the cost goals of the organisation with the ease and speed-of-use goals of the customers
- Development of mobile and multichannel business solutions: our own in-house Agile Development capability supports rapid development of apps, payments and user interfaces across digital channels – using the latest in HTML5 and device-based technology.
We combine our strength in systems integration with our business consulting and IT solution expertise. This allows us to truly understand your end-to-end customer strategy and support your complete process, IT, strategy and cultural transformation.
Did you know…
Sopra Steria worked with the Tate network of UK museums to improve the customer experience. How? With the design and implementation of a mobile application for purchasing goods from Tate’s online store. This also created a new revenue stream for the Tate with downloads of the application around the world. “… Sopra Steria was so easy to deal with compared to other solution providers… the delivery of the project was flawless,” says Robert Read, Operations Director, Tate Galleries.
Keep your customers satisfied
A happy customer will return time and again to your business. But how do you know if they are truly satisfied with the service they’ve received?
The ability to measure customer satisfaction and assess whether you have enabled them to achieve their purpose is a vital part of the customer journey. Every single step in the process of their interaction with you will have an impact on their loyalty: the way you handle their personal information, your resource management in contact centres and your provision of customised products and services.
Customer satisfaction requires consistent customer data and the ability to turn your knowledge into value propositions that your customers love. Are there gaps between your customer and organisational requirements? You may have to redesign your customer advisory processes or develop better platforms for custom products and services. You might need to revamp the access you provide to your products or services. Effective performance management to measure employee engagement with the customer is another piece in the jigsaw. Have you equipped your people with the tools they need to meet service level targets?
Loyalty and retention
We can help you achieve this. Our customer centric management consulting and IT services offering includes:
Customer loyalty strategies and solutions: for effective management of loyalty and retention schemes
- Customer feedback: providing you with insight into how your customers really feel about every interaction with your business
- Product optimisation approaches: to ensure you are giving the best offers to the right customers at the best times to drive loyalty and recommendation
- End-to-end performance measurement and management: ensuring you have the data and process management tools and technology, not only to gather the right data, but to measure the right things, in the right way
- Specialist mobile testing lab: for testing across the full range of mobile and tablet devices. Our testing capability includes physical device testing, application and database testing, performance and penetration, giving cost effective certainty that new solutions are meeting customer needs.
With a greater understanding of how your customers perceive your business and their levels of satisfaction, you can align your customer strategy and operational behaviour to optimise customer loyalty and retention.
Did you know…
Sopra Steria helped Danish insurer Topdanmark speed up access to critical business information with the implementation of a customer survey solution that enables the company to be alert, respond to, and address customer issues quickly, thereby increasing customer satisfaction.
Rising to the challenge of 21st century customer centric management
Sopra Steria offers advanced customer centric management (CCM) solutions that incorporate new business models, game-changing technologies and proven expertise in business process optimisation.
Our CCM portfolio is built on more than 20 years’ experience in this specialist area. These solutions are complemented by our proven IT-enabled consultancy services and technology solutions that give you the agility you need to make change happen as quickly as possible:
- Transformation services: supporting the ongoing transformation of business processes, applications and IT infrastructure
- Consulting: making the most of our sector expertise to successfully implement strategic and organisational change
- Application development and system integration: from solution definition, design and development, to deployment and ultimate benefits realisation
- Testing and quality assurance: bridging the gap between application development and systems rollout.
- Application management: agile, focused IT services based on guaranteed outputs and outcomes designed to optimise and maintain solutions
- Infrastructure management: meeting the drive for cost reduction, flexibility, performance improvement and growth
- Business Process Outsourcing: delivering a step change in business efficiency, agility and performance in functions such as HR and Finance & Accounting.
We draw on our best-in-class consulting, solutions, services and implementation expertise to ensure our clients are able to operate efficiently in this constantly evolving area. For example, we combined our CCM and systems integration experience to implement a fully electronic case management solution in Danish insurer Industriens Pension’s call centre applications. The company’s employees now have a single view of all customer interactions to support customer service excellence. This has provided customers with a continually improving, seamless and transparent level of service.
Our role as a trusted transformation partner for The Co-operative Bank in the UK saw us using both our systems integration expertise and knowledge of customer contact solutions to replace ageing legacy telephony systems. The bank is now benefiting from a virtualised and fully supportable system that is resilient, scalable and future proofed.
Did you know…
Sopra Steria deployed an integrated multi-channel knowledge base for customer contact centres, distribution centres and a web portal that has helped French telecoms operator SFR improve productivity, reduce costs and enhance customer satisfaction levels
Sopra Steria customer centric management solutions
We deliver specific customer centric management services, solutions and innovations, including:
- Application Management and Development
- Business Process Consulting and Implementation
- Business Process Outsourcing
- Change Management
- End-to-End Case Management
- End-to-End Testing Management and Governance
- Infrastructure Management
- Operational and IT Outsourcing
- Partner Management
- Programme Management
- Regulatory Change Management
- System Integration
- Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Channel-shift Strategy
- Customer Centric Management
- Contact Centre – including telephony
- Digital and Mobile Media Strategy
- Data Management
- Employee Engagement
- Enterprise Content Management
- Enterprise Solutions (SAP, Oracle)
- Smarter Sales Consulting
- Strategic Marketing Consulting
- Business Visioning
- Channel Strategy & Portal Solutions
- Cloud-based, Infrastructure On Command
- Digital Visioning
- Legacy Enablement
- Location-based Applications
- Mobile Application Development
- Target Operating Model Design and Roll-out
- Technology Insight and Direction