London, 24 August 2016: Sopra Steria, a European leader in digital transformation, has recently signed a major IT managed services contract with Interserve PLC to deliver the national infrastructure for its Community Rehabilitation Companies (CRCs). Interserve leads a partnership called Purple Futures that provides probation services for medium and low risk offenders via five CRCs.
- The remote access and mobile working solution will enable CRC staff to work more effectively and, over time, focus more resources on reducing reoffending rates in their CRC territories
- The new infrastructure for Interserve will replace the existing national solution, and enable new ways of working. The funding and implementation of innovative solutions to support this was at the heart of the contract
- There will be a strong focus on providing a simple, modern user experience for the five CRCs
- The contract duration is initially for 5 years and 10 months with the opportunity for a further 3 year extension. A carefully crafted engagement model will ensure that technology can play a major part in supporting Interserve’s CRCs in achieving their objectives
- Sopra Steria will draw on over 20 years’ experience in the Justice sector, particularly within the Police, Courts, Prison and Probation sectors, to deliver a flexible, digital, cloud-based IT solution
Managing Director for Interserve Justice, Yvonne Thomas, commented: “We needed a partner that understood the security constraints, demands and controls required in the justice domain. We also wanted a partner who could deliver a modern, mobile, flexible IT solution. Sopra Steria’s expertise in justice made them the natural choice to help us transition towards a digital, cloud-based IT model for our probation services.”
Commenting on the contract, Sopra Steria’s director for Justice, Barbara Parn said: “This is an important contract for Sopra Steria. We’ve been working within the broader justice sector for many years, as well as directly with the government’s Transforming Rehabilitation Programme, and understand that managing rehabilitation is not an easy job. We’re committed to supporting Interserve’s Purple Futures CRCs in achieving their aims of reducing reoffending rates by deploying the right technology for the end users, allowing them to focus more on delivering frontline services. This managed service means we can go some of the way towards doing that.”