Sopra Steria is supporting the inaugural Digital Leaders 50 Awards, being held at the House of Lords in London on 11 November 2013. Awards will be given in five categories, with Sopra Steria the main sponsor of the Central Government category, which celebrates the achievements of those working to deliver digital transformation across central government. Nominees have all shown leadership and innovation in harnessing digital technology and the internet as providers of information, key services and social interaction.
As well as having a role in the judging of the specific category ranking, Sopra Steria's Head of Central Government & Utilities, Tom McCann, will present the Central Government award.
About The Digital Leaders Awards
The Digital Leaders 50 Awards have been launched in association with Digital by Default News to recognise leaders and organisations who demonstrate a pioneering and sustainable approach to digital transformation. The awards also follow on from the growth and success of the Digital Leaders Programme.
The five award categories are:
- Central Government - recognising the achievements of those working to deliver digital transformation across central government
- Local Government - celebrating best practice and leadership undertaken within local authorities
- Elected member - highlighting the work of Members of Parliament and the Lords, as well as councillors, in supporting digital transformation, growth and enterprise around the UK
- NGO - singling out charities and not-for-profit organisations which are playing major roles in projects that enable the benefits of digital to be made available to all
- Industry- highlighting the work and value of businesses who have been leading advocates of digital transformation, developing innovative ways of encouraging a 'digital first' approach to delivering key services
Read more about the event in Digital by Default News