19 July 2016: South Yorkshire and Humberside Police have awarded a framework contract to Sopra Steria for the provision of an integrated multi-channel customer contact and resource management solution - the first of its kind in the UK. Through the five year contract Sopra Steria will deliver SmartContact®, an integrated contact management system that will be used by both forces' contact and dispatch centres.
The new system for South Yorkshire and Humberside police will upgrade the technology currently used to improve service delivery to both staff and members of the public, as well as deliver savings by sharing an IT system. SmartContact® will:
- Rationalise and enhance the technology currently used
- Give ease of access to appropriate information
- Enable staff to resolve calls at first point of contact
- Identify repeat and vulnerable callers to target resources
- Improve deployment and tasking of valuable police
- Enable operational efficiencies through enhanced intelligence assessment
- Allow members of the public to engage more effectively by providing a range of contact methods and channels, for example online reporting forms, web chat and SMS
This ambitious programme will establish South Yorkshire Police and Humberside Police as the first forces in the country to offer such an integrated system. As is customary when introducing new technologies into a mission critical environment the roll out of functionality will be phased, starting in November 2016. Both forces will be fully live with SmartContact® by Autumn 2017.