“We’ve seen some big changes in the Financial Services industry recently. With the New Year beckoning, it’s time to reflect on 2016 and look ahead to 2017 to see what awaits us.” says Tim, whose article assesses some of the biggest changes of 2016 and considers what may happen across the industry in 2017.
- FinTech: a year of uncertainty in 2016, but in 2017 is there a pivotal role to be played by organisations industrialising FinTech to be able to deliver at scale?
- The Brexit question - continued uncertainty, but where will the highly skilled workers come from to support the inevitable transition and migration programmes
- Up, up and away – the cloud - a technology that reached a tipping point in Financial Services in 2016. Will it become a routine, technology of choice in 2017?
- Regulation as opportunity - Whilst it's always been about compliance, will the drive to 'open banking' turn regulation on its head as institutions turn it to their advantage?
- The rise of the robots and the decline of Blockchain? As truly transformational business cases for Blockchain move further out, will automation and robotics steal the FinTech limelight in 2017?
- A new era of business & IT collaboration? Will teams drawn from across the enterprise continue to maximise the enterprise-wide benefits promised by digital technologies?
Discover more about Sopra Steria's experience working in the Financial Services sector.
Read blogs about Financial Services written by Tim and his team.