Sopra Steria is a leader in digital transformation, delivering some of the most influential projects to help modernise end-to-end Criminal Justice across Europe
We have extensive, proven experience of delivering practical IT and business solutions that support the challenges faced by today’s criminal justice agencies, such as how to achieve joined-up service delivery, transform process efficiency and reduce re-offending.
What we do in justice
- Case Management - delivering managed services in case management for Probation services and Police complaints, as well as business intelligence solutions, including the first successful Agile delivery within Probation.
- Command and Control – delivering our renowned STORM solution to over 60% of UK Police Forces and Fire and Rescue Services. STORM supports rapid deployment decisions and provides critical information to those attending an incident.
- Digital Delivery – from digital strategy development, service design and agile development to application management, we’re blending digital services with mission-critical IT to help government deliver its Transformation Strategy.
- Private Probation - as a key technology integrator for new Private Probation providers (CRCs), we are helping them deliver the Transforming Rehabilitation agenda through transformation IT solutions, integrating cloud infrastructure, mobile devices and modern applications services.
- Managed infrastructure and application services - designing, delivering and managing mission-critical applications, complex ICT infrastructures and prisoner records systems.
- Information management - enabling informed organisational decision-making, improving risk management and supporting a joined-up approach to criminal justice with complex case tracking systems and shared access to a single source of data.
- SmartContact® - delivering more accessible, consistent and joined-up contact management for emergency and non-emergency communications across multiple contact channels.
- Transformation - from project and change management, security consultancy and market analysis to architecture design, testing and system tuning, we’re helping drive efficiencies and ensuring that criminals are both quickly brought to justice and supported throughout their rehabilitation.
- Criminal Justice Common Platform (CJS CPP) and Efficiency Programmes (CJS EP) for the MoJ
- CJS CPP is a joint initiative between the Crown Prosecution Service and Crown and Magistrates’ Courts that aims to create a common IT platform and digital data store for information on cases going through the CJS which will be accessible to all parties involved
- For the CJS EP we are a key partner in the Court Store programme and have delivered a digital document management system for the Magistrates’ Courts
- Criminal Justice System Exchange (CJSE)
Sopra Steria provides application support and development services for the Criminal Justice System Exchange: a common secure infrastructure that enables CJS organisations and agencies to share knowledge and information efficiently, effectively and securely. It is central to the effectiveness of justice and of the Justice Modernisation Programme. Sensitive information can be shared online, quickly, easily and accurately, while avoiding the inefficiencies of multiple agencies producing duplicate information, supporting a range of efficiency-focused change programmes
- French Ministry of Justice
We have also been working for many years with the Ministry of Justice in France, driving and managing the end-to-end process for French Criminal Justice. Our projects in France include Cassiopée (for criminal justice) and Genesis (for prisons) and the recent redesign of the French National Criminal Record Agency’s information system
- UK & French Ministries of Justice
- Northern Ireland & Scottish Prison Services
- The National Offender Management Service (NOMS)
- Private Probation – Community Rehabilitation Companies (CRCs)
- HM Courts and Tribunals Service
- Scottish Courts and Tribunals Service
- Cleveland Police