Our induction programme – helping you fit in quickly
Our induction programme aims to help you feel part of the company from day one and to become fully operational as quickly and easily as possible.
It’s not just about providing information – it also involves building appropriate relationships, knowledge and understanding. It ensures that all new employees are confident in what they know about us, the services we offer, how we operate and how they can best represent us.
Working across the world
Our international clients expect Sopra Steria to deliver high quality services consistently from wherever we operate. That’s why our business processes and communities are designed to connect people across the organisation and why we implement integrated solutions within our global delivery model.
Working with world-class clients
We have an impressive client list across both public and private sectors:
- In Government, we work with the major central government departments as well as local and regional authorities across the UK, managing transformation programmes, implementing leading technologies to help drive efficiencies and running critical processes to improve services for citizens. Our clients include Ministry of Justice, Scottish Government, Gloucestershire County Council and Home Office
- We deliver highly secure, confidential services for the Ministry of Defence, and command and control solutions for the Emergency Services, including some 60% of UK police forces and a collaborative solution for Kent Police and Kent Fire & Rescue
- We have a strong position in the Financial Services marketplace as a true, large scale IT enabler – for example, Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Royal London, Co-operative Group, National Australia Group
- Our Commercial sector clients look to us to address the challenges brought about by rapid change amidst widespread regulatory and public scrutiny, including Tesco, BT, Morrison Utility Services, McDonald’s, Whitbread
- Sopra Steria Recruitment delivers recruitment services that help organisations attract people, knowledge and skills to enable business performance and accelerate change. Clients include Oxford Brookes University, Leeds City Council
- We have two landmark joint ventures: NHS Shared Business Services (NHS SBS), a 50:50 joint venture with the Department of Health, and Shared Services Connected Limited (SSCL), a 75:25 joint venture with the Cabinet Office. Both demonstrate our experience in making shared services work, at scale, to deliver significant savings
Throughout our history, our developments in new technology and new ways of working have kept Sopra Steria and our clients ahead of the competition. Tomorrow’s success will be the result of our innovations today. That is why we feel strongly about creating an environment where innovative ideas are appreciated and rewarded.
Appreciating our corporate functions
Not everyone is client-facing and we recognise it’s a great responsibility to provide quality support to your internal and external customers - commercial services, finance, marketing, IT, HR - while delivering the commercial and organisational strategy that benefits the business as a whole.
Working together for the community
Sopra Steria people everywhere have the opportunity to do something for the benefit of the community. Wherever you are, whatever job you do, it’s great to know that you’re working to make a difference alongside your colleagues in the UK and other countries.
Winning with diversity
Sopra Steria is a global business that recognises the tremendous benefits multiculturalism brings to the workplace. Everyone in the company has an equal right to contribute to making Sopra Steria the unique, exciting and motivational environment it is today.
We are committed to respecting human rights in all our dealings with employees, clients, shareholders, suppliers and local communities. We will never tolerate discrimination or harassment based on sex, colour, marital status, civil partnership, having or not having dependants, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religious belief, political opinion, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other relevant category.
Read more in our Gender Diversity Statement
Maximising your potential
At Sopra Steria we recognise that our biggest asset is our people – their motivation, capability and commitment. And we recognise that our success as a business depends upon having a highly engaged team.
Training and development is at the heart of ensuring that you know how you can truly develop your competencies and maximise your potential. Once on board, you can tell from our Career Framework where you fit in the organisation and how you can develop your career, either within your job and area of expertise or across different expertise areas. This forms a solid basis for a personalised development plan, which incorporates different aspects of training.
During the annual performance review process we consider training requirements to enable you to further improve your capabilities.
We are also pleased to welcome employees joining us as a result of outsourcing and we work closely with them to build a tailored induction programme designed to ensure a smooth integration into the organisation.
Pay’s only part of it
As you'd expect from a leading IT services player, we offer a competitive benefits package and a reward programme that can change with your role and circumstances. Realising that everybody’s circumstances are different, we’re open to discussion on what works best for you at a particular time, within a particular role.