Turning the spotlight on employee experience
The world of work is changing. How you enable your employees to deliver business and strategic outcomes is critical to their experience in the workplace – and also how you create differentiation and competitive advantage.
In fact, a focus on employee experience is now pivotal to business success. It is essential in highlighting the cultural and technological changes that enable you to seamlessly engage with Generation Me, and transform how people feel at work. This will
consequently impact every aspect of your performance, from productivity and profitability, to absenteeism and safety incidents.
What is Generation Me?
In today’s always on, always connected world, employee expectations are growing and the demand for flexible working has never been higher. Generation Me is this new workforce: one that expects to operate at work just as easily as it does at home. This means being able to access business and HR services through the channel of their choice, from anywhere, at any time, on any device.
Crucially, the workplace that empowers its people with real-time data services, intuitive easy-to-access employee services and automated self-help will be better placed to achieve broader strategic customer experience goals.
An employee-centric model
To engage with this new, digitally savvy workforce, technology,
business and HR leaders are re-thinking outdated processes that have failed to
keep up with new ways of working and new modes of service delivery – such as
digital and cloud platforms. They recognise the need to make a significant
shift to an employee-centric model that helps the business attract and retain
the best – and most appropriate – talent.
Our vision of the future
At Sopra Steria, our future vision for the HR function is
fast becoming a reality. As HR emerges to be a strategic partner to
the business, we’re using data analytics, increased automation – including
robotics – and process transformation to put employees at the heart of
everything HR does.
While it’s true that people have always been the focus for our
HR department, HR3.0 is built on a true understanding of what today’s
employees really want in the modern workplace. Ironically, it uses
digital technologies to free up HR professionals to put ‘humans’ back
into ‘Human Resources’.
Re-design, automate, digitise
As part of our HR vision, our ‘Engaging Generation Me’ initiative has been established to modernise workplaces and update management practices. We implement smart, analytical systems and simplified, automated processes and employee services.
- Engaging Generation Me’ ensures the end-to-end employee lifecycle is supported by modern, efficient business and HR services that are fit-for-purpose. This typically involves:
- Re-designing, automating and digitising key business and HR processes
- Addressing the challenge of ageing technology platforms that are not aligned with a user-centric focus, such as the need to offer employee channel-of-choice options
- Making use of robotics, analytics and artificial intelligence (AI) to help capture, analyse and interpret data to drive a better employee experience
- Using analytics to better predict and plan for career progression and retention, or to understand and manage health and wellbeing issues