Financial institutions are facing the need for rapid change, driven by a combination of evolving customer needs, advances in digital technologies and tighter regulatory regimes
To compete successfully banks, insurers and asset management companies need credible technology strategies to deliver both growth and operational efficiency.
At Sopra Steria we enable Financial Services clients to focus on their key business activities by identifying services that can be run more efficiently and cost effectively. By incorporating IT management, systems integration and business process services we create solutions that enable our clients to simplify their operating environments and benefit from advances in technology, cost savings and improved customer service.
Together with Sopra Banking Software, we create bespoke transformation programmes comprised of industry specialist modules including security, payments and lending, aimed at disentangling legacy applications and incorporating new digital technologies. For challenger institutions, as new entrants to the market, this modular approach is equally relevant in establishing efficient, cost-effective and customer-oriented operating models.
- Digital transformation - We are at the forefront of helping our Financial Services clients transform their businesses into intuitive and responsive digital enterprises, which anticipate tomorrow's customer needs and deliver insights that lead to first mover advantage.
- Data and analytics - Data is increasingly becoming a key driver of superior business performance rather than just something collected for regulatory reporting. Our expertise business analytics enables companies to derive more value from their data, allowing organisations to create optimised and personalised recommendations triggered by customer behaviour as it happens. High value analytics is only one part of the story – we also help organisations manage their data in efficient and cost effective ways.
- Divestment and consolidation – We have been responsible for the successful delivery of some of the largest divestment and consolidation programmes in the UK Banking and Insurance market. From full scale, end-to-end, projects to the delivery of discrete components of work and enhancements, we combine our specialised skill with our knowledge of industry regulations to help clients navigate issues that may impact on their IT estate and associated programmes of work.
- Regulation - The rising demands of regulation and compliance pose a challenge across Financial Services. Regulatory initiatives such as IFRS9 and BCBS239 will increasingly require greater transparency, granularity, timeliness and automation of reporting. Sopra Steria is able to offer clients an end-to-end regulatory reporting solution incorporating software from our sister companies, Sopra Banking Software and Axway, data management and credit risk analytics. We can also combine these components together and deliver a managed regulatory reporting service.
- Cyber security - Security and rebuilding trust are becoming linked as core competencies for the Financial Services industry. We work with our clients to devise cyber security strategies that are underpinned by extensive risk and threat assessments enabling them to protect their businesses by understanding both internal and external threats, safeguarding commercial and personal data, and retaining the highest levels of privacy.