Facilities management is largely a ‘people’ business. But your people are typically based remotely at multiple locations, working with multiple IT systems. This presents you with a big logistical challenge. You need to ensure that you have the right people, with the right skills and equipment, in the right place and at the right time. Achieving this will increase your operational efficiency and potentially reduce carbon emissions.
Managing health and safety for this workforce is also a challenge. Synchronising the work you’re contracted to undertake with the safety of people delivering it must be a priority.
IT plays a crucial part in this. And with new, digital capabilities available, it is possible to efficiently manage your workforce and monitor health and safety no matter how complex the resource supply chain. However, many facilities management companies still rely on outdated, disconnected IT systems and have yet to embark on their digital journeys. Recent market consolidation has meant organisations have come together but their IT has not been integrated. It is not uncommon for different systems to be managing different aspects of the business and these cannot or do not talk to each other.
The way of work is changing and these outdated systems are preventing efficiency and compliance. The mobile workforce increasingly expects to be able to manage its work in the field, ordering equipment and supplies remotely. Facilities management firms must respond. They need to integrate their systems and break down data silos – and make sense of what information they do and can collect.
Sopra Steria can help. We have more than 40 years’ experience of helping our clients improve their operational efficiency, transform their IT and innovate.
Why Sopra Steria?
Our transformational consultancy services help clients establish how well their current systems are supporting the business. We assess how likely these systems are to support their future needs and strategic direction, provide a view of what technology is needed and build a roadmap to get to them there.
We can upgrade your systems and roll out new tools, such as customer relationship management (CRM) software to track customer-facing activities. We also develop new systems to help transform the way our clients work, including mobile health and safety management and digital workforce scheduling. We will ensure you have simplified, robust systems that are fit for purpose and future growth. And our approach is tailored to individual needs, whether you want help finding a new solution or simply aim to make what you have work better.
With our IT landscape upgraded and optimised we can manage your applications and even run your back office processes and full IT landscape for you as outsourced service. This will free you up to focus on your business.
What we do
Sopra Steria helps facilities management companies transform their IT and business operations through:
- Business Process Optimisation: efficient business processes are central to the running of any organisation; from ‘front office’ customer-facing services right through to crucial ‘back office’ support functions powering the enterprise. We help our clients achieve this efficiency and transform sub-optimal back office processes with our Business Process Services. These include Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) for back office functions such as Finance, HR and Procurement. Our BPO services free up your resources to focus on added-value activities.
- Digital and Mobile: as a trusted partner in some of the world’s biggest mobile and digital programmes, we have developed innovative applications and solutions with both business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-customer (B2C) implications. In facilities management we recognise the potential for efficiency gains and workforce safety through mobile. We help to develop mobility solutions that take into account existing systems often operating across multiple sites and projects. We develop applications giving mobile teams the ability to access information on products and services close to their location. This improves both customer satisfaction and operational efficiency.
- IT Optimisation: facilities management companies are asking themselves if their technology can manage the way they need to work today. Many are behind the curve in using technology or upgrading to new, digital tools and approaches. As a leading Systems Integrator, we work with our clients to bring together their systems on integrated technology platforms so that they can operate across the entire enterprise – efficiently and cost effectively. We optimise and manage their IT applications, migrating their legacy applications to modern technologies. And at all times we focus on the strategic objectives of our clients to ensure their IT landscape supports the business outcomes they’re looking for.
- Data Management: we help our clients make sense of their data. Information is the lifeblood of the modern enterprise. Yet many organisations struggle with insufficient data quality and an inability to collect, process and visualise information for fast and accurate decision making. We have developed and deployed efficient methodologies for Master Data Management so that companies can easily integrate data from multiple businesses to provide a single coherent view. By breaking down silos of data facilities management firms can put the right information in the right place to improve decision making and respond quickly to changing tasks and demands.
- Partnerships: we partner with best in class organisations, including Numero, Oracle, Microsoft and dynamic scheduling mobile workforce management provider IFS. By being technology agnostic, we are able to give our clients the best solution to meet their individual needs.
- Workflow management: our proprietary solution for mobile workforce management helps to establish vastly improved workflow integration and promotes collaborative working right across your enterprise.