Sopra Steria's Indian operation is a key element of our integrated delivery model, providing high quality and innovative offshore services for UK and European PLCs for more than 15 years.
Offshoring is no longer just about cheaper and faster delivery – for companies, it’s about becoming more competitive, more efficient and increasing shareholder value; for public sector organisations seeking more efficiency in citizen-centric service delivery, it can help to make savings for the taxpayer by offering efficient e-government services at better value.
Delivering service excellence
There is no ‘one-size-fits-all’ in offshoring - we have accounts that are delivered fully onshore, fully offshore, and all permutations in between, supported by common tools and processes. It’s all about finding the right balance for each client and flexing this mix as priorities and needs change.
Tapping in to Sopra Steria India’s unique wealth of talent is key to realising this balance. Our 4,500 permanent members of India staff are educated to extremely high standards and have excellent language, business and technical skills, and they understand the way to exploit technology to best drive efficiencies and improve effectiveness. They operate from centres in Noida, Chennai and Pune, delivering services offshore such as:
- Operations: Applications Management, Business Process Services, Data Management, Testing and Quality
- Transformation: Process and IT Transformation, Applications Development, ERP Oracle, ERP SAP, Business Intelligence
- Infrastructure Management: Desktop Services, Remote Infrastructure Management, Data Centre Management, Network Services, Service Desk, Project Services, Request Management, IT Security, Identity & Access Management
Almost all of our private sector clients make use of our offshore talent, and have done so since 1997. Unusually, Sopra Steria India is one of the few offshore players trusted and accredited to deliver critical business services for its public sector clients, at scale.
Our teams, often co-located across the Indian delivery centres or across the world as part of an extended UK-based client organisation, make it their personal ambition to deliver service excellence; in this competitive age, they know that if they don’t, there are plenty of organisations that will!
Delivering industry good practice
Sopra Steria has developed a Business Management System (BMS) which is aligned to industry good practice such as CMMI, TickITplus, Prince 2 and ITIL v3 and helps to ensure compliance with legislative requirements enabling Sopra Steria to respond to market expectations and individual client requirements. Sopra Steria uses major international certification standards, including
- CMMI for applications development and Business Process Services
- CMMI Services for applications maintenance
- TMMi Level 3 for testing
- ITIL v3 for infrastructure management
In 2012, our Indian operation obtained CMMI level 5 - the highest level of CMMI certification for applications development - and became the first IT Services organisation in India to conduct TMMi eSurveys. We were also the first organisation in India to achieve transition to the latest TickITplus certification for Systems and Software development and support and for Service Management.
Additionally Sopra Steria is certified across India to ISO 9001 for Quality Management, ISO 14001 for Environmental Management, ISO 20000 for Service Management and ISO 27001 for Information Security Management and is externally assessed to meet these requirements every six months.
- CMMi - Capability Maturity Model integration methodology
- TMMi - Test Maturity Model integration methodology
- ITIL - (formally known as Information Technology Infrastructure Library) is the approach to IT service management most widely accepted across the world